Signs Of Skin Aging And Tips For Skin Rejuvenation
As much as we would all love to keep the signs of aging at bay forever, we have to accept that it’s a normal part of life. That doesn’t mean to say that we can’t give our skin a little helping hand when it comes to it showing signs of our age – there is plenty to be done to prevent skin aging and Skin Rejuvenation.
Typical skin problems caused by aging
To find the best ways of rejuvenating our skin, we must understand exactly how our skin ages at different stages during out life.
For most, the most noticeable signs of aging tend to begin in our 40s. Skin starts becoming thinner, which makes superficial blood vessels in the skin more noticeable. Wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and age spots, all caused by sun exposure, begin to show too. Plus, skin starts to produce less oil and the turnover of skin cells slows down, which can leave skin looking dry and dull.
In our 50s, we tend to lose even more volume and moisture from the skin, which makes it more susceptible to deep lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin production also slows down, which means that skin loses its tone and can begin to sag, particularly around the jaw and beneath the eyes. Women who have gone through the menopause also often report further thinning of the skin.
When we get to age 60 and above, skin gets even drier and cell turnover reduces even more. Not only does this mean skin is very dull, but also that it takes much longer to heal if damaged. Skin sagging and wrinkling continues, and even more fat is lost resulting in very hollow cheeks.
Preventing signs of aging
Now that you know what happens to the skin as it ages, you can take steps to prevent it from happening:
– Wear sun protection in the form of broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 50 to prevent sun damage – and be sure to apply it even on overcast days.
– Eat plenty of green, leafy vegetables (high in vitamins) and omega-3 rich foods (like fish, nuts and seeds) in order to nourish and detoxify skin.
– Eat less sugar, which can lead to the damage of healthy skin proteins like collagen which is responsible for making skin plump and healthy.
– Keep alcohol intake to minimum to reduce the risk of developing visible blood vessels at the surface of the skin.
– Stop smoking, not only to cut down your risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease but to reduce the appearance of blood vessels and prevent lines around the mouth caused by dragging on cigarettes.
Rejuvenating aging skin (Skin Rejuvenation)
If you’re already seeing some signs of aging, don’t worry – there are plenty of options for Skin Rejuvenation:
– Exfoliate regularly to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and reveal brighter, healthier skin underneath – you can do this with drugstore exfoliating skincare products or opt for a chemical peel or microneedling for a more dramatic transformation.
– Massage the face daily to stimulate blood flow and lymph glands (which will promote clear skin) and to boost collagen production.
– Hydrate the skin with high quality moisturizers and skincare products – opt for hyaluronic acid-based products for maximum hydration or retinoid-based products for a collagen boost.