Meet Sharon Sneed, PhD
Dr. Sharon Sneed has a Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) degree from Texas A&M University, and Master’s of Science (M.S.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degrees in Human Nutrition and Biochemistry from Texas Women’s University. She is an honor graduate, receiving many awards, scholarships, and publications during her education process. Dr. Sneed also completed a post-doctoral National Institute of Health (NIH) Fellowship at the University of California at Berkeley.
Dr. Sharon Sneed was the co-founder and is the co-owner of Aesthetica Med Spa with her husband, David Sneed D.O., and currently serves as the clinic director for Aesthetica Med Spa. She has been a college professor at four universities, including the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, S.C. and is the author of seven books as well as numerous lay and peer-reviewed articles. She has co-authored or made contributions to an additional 5 books. During her writing days, she made two national media tours and has appeared on hundreds of local and national radio and television broadcasts. During Dr. Sneed’s academic career, she made several professional presentations at academic meetings and has published articles in the Journal of Nutrition and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Sharon Sneed’s interests for the last 20 years has been in the field of cutting edge medical spa treatments, cosmetic dermatology, anti-aging science, and advanced wellness nutrition. She has gone through extensive training with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and holds a certification from this organization having completed hundreds of hours of training. She is also certified in PhotoFacial, FotoFacial, Cool Touch Laser, EndyMed 3 Deep, and a variety of other cosmetic procedures including chemical peels, the Obagi system and more.
University of California at Berkeley, sponsored by a National Institute of Health Research Grant
Texas Woman’s University, Nutrition – major (emphasis in Biochemistry), Statistics – minor, graduated with honors
Texas Woman’s University, Nutrition – major
Texas A&M University, Zoology – major
1999 to present
Co-owned, operated, and created Aesthetica Med SpaTM, a cosmetic dermatology and medical aesthetics office
1986 to 1998
Owned and operated Sharon M. Sneed Ph.D. and Associates, Nutrition Counseling Service. Managed professional and administrative employees while providing group and individual nutritional counseling to patients.
1986 – 1995
Author of seven books and chapters in five others (listed below). Over 1.5 million books in print. Worked for Word Publishers, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Vine Books, Baker Book House and Focus on the Family Publishing.
1990 – 1992
Writer for Today’s Christian Woman magazine. Co-authored a monthly column on health related issues for three years.
Nutritionist for the Woods Institute in Austin, Texas
Private nutrition consulting practice in Corpus Christi, Texas
Adjunct Professor, Corpus Christi State University
Adjunct Professor, The Medical University of South Carolina
Adjunct Professor, Chabot College, San Francisco, California
Research Assistant, Texas Woman’s Univeristy
PROFESSIONAL PUBLICATIONS AND ACADEMIC PRESENTATIONS
Published in the following refereed journals:
- Journal of Nutrition
- American Journal of Nutrition
- American Dietetic Association
- National Academy of Science Proceedings
Academic Presentations have been presented at the following meetings:
- National Institute of Health
- American Dietetic Association
- Texas Dietetic Association
A full bibliography for almost twenty articles and presentations either authored or co-authored is available upon request.
LAY PUBLICATIONS AND BOOKS
- PMS: What it is and what you can do about it, co-authored by Joe McIlhaney, M.D., Baker Book House. Published in Spanish, German and a UK version.
- Prime Time: A health guide for women over 35, co-authored with David L. Sneed, D.O., Word Publishers. Published in Spanish, German, and a UK version
- Love Hunger: Recovery from Food Addiction, co-authored with Minirth, Meier and Hemfelt, Thomas Nelson. Published in several languages. The top selling hardback book of 1991 in CBA and the winner of numerous awards. Picked up by Penguin for paperback version.
- Love Hunger: The Workbook, co-authored as listed above.
- Love Hunger: Ten-Step Program, published by Thomas Nelson.
- Understanding Your Family Chemistry, co-authored for Vine Books.
- The Hidden Agenda, co-authored for Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- Growing a Healthy Home, one chapter in a Focus on the Family Publication.
- Pastor, Pastor, one chapter in a book and tape series form Focus on the Family.
- Women’s Topical Bible, guest writer for five commentaries in this Thomas Nelson Publication.
Two nation-wide tours were completed with Planned Television Arts associated with book writing; have also been on hundreds of local radio/television programs throughout the nation and the following national media programs:
- Good Morning America
- 700 Club with Pat Robertson
- Focus on the Family with James Dobson
- 700 Club radio
- Moody Institute